Gamepedia was upgraded to MediaWiki version 1.31 on Wednesday November 14th. To learn more about the upgrade and its effects click here.
|Used to place|
|Crafting Skill Group||[]|
|Action Skill Group||[]
|Smell on Belt|
|Smell strength on Belt|
|Smell in Bag|
|Smell strength in Bag|
|Durability (Base Quality)|
|Durability (Max Quality)|
|Heat Map Strength|
|Heat Map Time|
|Heat Map Frequency|
|Explosive Radius (Entity)|
|Entity Damage (Base Quality)|
|Entity Damage (Max Quality)|
|Explosive Radius (Block)|
|Block Damage (Base Quality)|
|Block Damage (Max Quality)|
|Range (Base Quality)|
|Range (Max Quality)|
|Dismemberment Chance (Base)|
|Dismemberment Chance (Max)|
|Butcher Damage Multiplier|
|Harvesting Damage Multiplier|
|Hoe Damage Multiplier|
|Disassemble Damage Multiplier||
|Effect on Fullness|
|Effect on Hydration|
|Effect on Health|
|Effect on Stamina|
|Effect on Wellness|
|Effect on Gassiness|
|Used to craft|
|Used Gun Parts||
|Upgrades Into||Wooden Hatch v2|
|Used to upgrade|
|Used to cook|
|Provides Electrical Power|
|Requires Electrical Power||
|Used to forge|
|Forge Weight (oz)|
|Time to grow|
|Used to grow|
Description[edit | edit source]
A Wooden Hatch is a craft-able hatch that has the ability to be locked by the player. It is crafted using Wood. A Wooden Hatch can be upgraded to a Scrap Iron Hatch (which can be further upgraded to a Vault Hatch).
A Wooden Hatch offers three security feature options, in relation to the player's control of the Hatch. Holding down the 'E' key, while looking at the Reinforced Secure Wooden Door, will bring up the following three icons:
- Left Icon - This is a keypad icon and is used to set up a password for the Hatch, moving the cursor over the icon and releasing the E key will bring up the password input box. Using the password input box the player can type any password they like and set it by clicking the green set button, or press the red cancel button to exit the menu and cancel the password input. Once the player has set a password they will have to enter it into the Hatch to be able to open it, this only needs to be done the first time the player uses the Hatch. Any player that knows the door code will be able to open this Hatch.
- Center Icon - This is a doorway icon, moving the cursor over this icon and releasing the E key with either open or close the Hatch depending on which state it was in when the player pushed down the E button.
- Right Icon - This is a padlock icon and represents the Hatch lock, moving the cursor over the icon and releasing the E key will toggle the Hatch between being either locked or unlocked. A Hatch that is locked without a password can only be opened by the player that locked it.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Required Item[edit | edit source]
To craft a Wooden Hatch, either click on the ingredients in your inventory and select “Recipes” then Wooden Hatch and “Craft”, or search for Wooden Hatch in your crafting window search bar.
Required Items[edit | edit source]
A Wooden Hatch can be upgraded into a Wooden Hatch v2 with the following items:
The following recipes require a Wooden Hatch:
|Wooden Hatch v2||Wooden Hatch *1, Wood *4|
You can repair a Wooden Hatch with 3x Wood and an appropriate repair tool.
The following tools can be used to upgrade and repair Wooden Hatch.
|Tool||Durability||Type||Repair Amount||Range||Speed||Efficiency||Repaired with|
|Claw Hammer||100||600||Construction, Melee||250||2.1||0.5||500||Forged Iron|
|Stone Axe||100||600||Construction, Melee||100||2.1||0.4||250||Small Stone|
|Taza's Stone Axe||300||600||Construction, Melee||100||2.1||0.4||250||Small Stone|
|Wrench||500||1400||Construction, Melee||350||2||0.4||875||Forged Steel|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- It is useful for making a door to block the top of a ladder (as shown below).
- Can be used to make a window that opens and shuts when needed.
- It is also useful to cover the water source inside your base (usually a hole filled with water).