Wood Log Spike
|Wood Log Spike|
|Item ID||418 - woodLogSpike1|
|Group||Tools/Traps , Science|
|Used to place|
|Crafting Skill Group||[]|
|Action Skill Group||[]
|Smell on Belt|
|Smell strength on Belt|
|Smell in Bag|
|Smell strength in Bag|
|Durability (Base Quality)|
|Durability (Max Quality)|
|Heat Map Strength|
|Heat Map Time|
|Heat Map Frequency|
|Explosive Radius (Entity)|
|Entity Damage (Base Quality)|
|Entity Damage (Max Quality)|
|Explosive Radius (Block)|
|Block Damage (Base Quality)|
|Block Damage (Max Quality)|
|Range (Base Quality)|
|Range (Max Quality)|
|Dismemberment Chance (Base)|
|Dismemberment Chance (Max)|
|Butcher Damage Multiplier|
|Harvesting Damage Multiplier|
|Hoe Damage Multiplier|
|Disassemble Damage Multiplier||
|Effect on Fullness|
|Effect on Hydration|
|Effect on Health|
|Effect on Stamina|
|Effect on Wellness|
|Effect on Gassiness|
|Used to craft||Wood|
|Used Gun Parts||
|Upgrades Into||Reinforced Wood Log Spike|
|Used to upgrade|
|Used to cook|
|Provides Electrical Power|
|Requires Electrical Power||
|Used to forge|
|Forge Weight (oz)|
|Burn Time||05′ 00″
|Time to grow|
|Used to grow|
Description[edit | edit source]
A Wood Log Spike is a defensive (passive) trap that does moderate damage and is used to help make your base more defendable. It is possible to scrap a Wood Log Spike for Wood, or it can be used in a Forge or Camp Fire as a source of Combustible fuel. Furthermore, it can be upgraded into a Reinforced Wood Log Spike with any repair tool.
Uses[edit | edit source]
You can use a Wood Log Spike in the following ways
- To defend structures by impaling attacking Zombies.
- To craft into Wood
- To upgrade into a Reinforced Wood Log Spike
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Required Items[edit | edit source]
Upgrading[edit | edit source]
Required Items[edit | edit source]
It is possible to upgrade a Wood Log Spike into a Reinforced Wood Log Spike and the following items are required to do so.
The following tools can be used to upgrade and repair Wood Log Spike.
|Tool||Durability||Type||Repair Amount||Range||Speed||Efficiency||Repaired with|
|Claw Hammer||100||600||Construction, Melee||250||2.1||0.5||500||Forged Iron|
|Stone Axe||100||600||Construction, Melee||100||2.1||0.4||250||Small Stone|
|Taza's Stone Axe||300||600||Construction, Melee||100||2.1||0.4||250||Small Stone|
|Wrench||500||1400||Construction, Melee||350||2||0.4||875||Forged Steel|
The following recipes require a Wood Log Spike:
|Reinforced Wood Log Spike||Wood Log Spike *1, Wood *10|
Upgrade Process[edit | edit source]
Upgrade Materials[edit | edit source]
Once the player has one of the required tools and upgrade materials they can begin the upgrade process. The chosen tool is equipped and the materials are left in the bag or on the tool belt. Approaching the Wood Log Spike and right clicking on it with the chosen tool will make an icon appear showing the current upgrade status.
- The Nailgun and Claw Hammer will perform an instant upgrade, with no increasing intervals.
- The percentage shown will increase 50% each time the Repair Tool is used. The player will need to use it two times on a Wood Log Spike to complete the upgrade.
- The percentage shown will increase 25% each time the Stone Axe is used. The player will need to use it four times on a Wood Log Spike to complete the upgrade.
- The upgrade materials used will not be taken from the inventory until the upgrade is complete.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- They make fine traps compared to the Wood Spikes due to the fact they don't break as easy.
- It should also be noted that because standing on these does damage periodically, it also causes flinching. While zombies are flinching, they attack much less frequently. As such, the most useful component of a Wood Log Spike is that severely impairs a horde's ability to destroy blocks between them and the player.
- Spike Traps have massive damage multiplier on leg, dismembering the zombies much more efficiently.