Current game stage: 1
|No image yet|
|Power Attack Entity Damage|
|Power Attack Block Damage|
|Explosion Range Entities|
|Explosion Range Blocks|
|Attacks per Minute|
|Rounds per Minute|
|Power Attack Stamina Usage|
|Damage Multiplier: Earth|
|Damage Multiplier: Metal|
|Damage Multiplier: Stone|
|Damage Multiplier: Wood|
|Durability (Min Quality)|
|Durability (Max Quality)|
|Degradation per Use|
|Butcher Damage Multiplier|
|Butcher Resource Multiplier|
|Vehicle Sprint Speed|
|Stamina Regen Reduction|
|Effect on Fullness|
|Effect on Hydration|
|Effect on Stamina|
|Effect on Health|
|Effect on Max Health|
|Buff Chance (%)|
|Dysentery Chance (%)|
|Electrical Power Required|
|Time to grow|
Description[edit | edit source]
Wellness was a player statistic represented by a numerical value ranging from 0 to 250. It can be found in the Player Statistics section of the Character Menu. Wellness is used to govern the total maximum amount of Health and Stamina, which can never be higher than the current Wellness level.
Players start new games with a Wellness level of 100. This can be increased to a maximum of 250 (with 5/5 Health Nut), by using certain medical supplies, or by maintaining Hydration and Fullness. Wellness becomes much more difficult to increase once raised past 100. It is also possible to lose Wellness, which can fall all the way to 70 or 120 with 5/5 Health Nut perk.
As of A17, the wellness system has been removed and replaced with the Integrated Survival System. The additional value was replaced with the progression driven max health and stamina values, and additional usage of the food one.
There are several causes of Wellness loss:
- Death causes the player's wellness to decrease by 10 points.
- Becoming hungry, starving, thirsty or dehydrated will cause the player to lose wellness points periodically. This will continue until the player has consumed food or drink as needed and raised both levels above 0.
- Eating certain types of food can decrease the player's wellness by up to 30 points. Some examples include raw eggs, Moldy Bread, Raw Meat, as well as (to a much lesser extent) Bottled Murky Water and Coffee.
It is important for the player to ensure their character is well fed and hydrated in addition to avoiding repeated death, as low Wellness will leave the player vulnerable from low maximum health in addition to making simple tasks much more difficult due to low Stamina.
- Getting hit several times decreases the player's wellness.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Obtaining meat by hunting animals then cooking and consuming them is typically the easiest way to raise Wellness. Meat Stew provide a good boost to wellness and with a value of +1.6
- Cornbread is one of the best early game foods as corn is easily grown in dirt
- Dying will not cause the player's Wellness value to drop below a value of 70 or 120 with 5/5 Health Nut perk.
- As Wellness gets above 100, it takes more boosts to increase, with multipliers of 50% @ levels 101-150, and 25% at levels 151-200. So at levels 151-200 you will need 4 points for each Wellness point increase. These multipliers do not apply to negative effects.
Video Tutorial - Raising Wellness Effectively (Alpha 13)[edit | edit source]
The short video below demonstrates how to effectively raise wellness faster than just normally eating.
Note: the following video recommends using antibiotics to increase wellness, which is no longer possible. Using vitamins is an alternative to the old method of using antibiotics.
The video below shows in detail about some of the better items to raise wellness, as well as some drinks that increase wellness. It also discusses some of the worst items for wellness, and drinks that decrease wellness but are helpful elsewhere. The video also shows the difference between 10 meters and 60 meters. (grilled meat and raw meat/meat stew)