Current game stage: 1
Description[edit | edit source]
Treasure Quest are initiated by player-found Treasure Maps. Treasure Maps can be found by looting Zombies and Corpses. The map itself, once looted, can be kept in the player's Inventory or Storage until the player is ready to accept it.
There are seven different Treasure Quest:
There does not seem to be any difference in the loot contained in any of the individual treasure quest types.
Finding The Chest[edit | edit source]
Once the Treasure Quest is accepted, a treasure chest icon is available in the map menu and once the character is close enough to the chest, an icon of a treasure chest will appear in the compass, as in the screenshot below.
Once the character is within the "hot-spot" of the treasure chest—determined by the character's Treasure Hunter level—the white treasure chest icon in the compass turns red.
Once inside the "hot-spot" of the chest, indicated by a red treasure chest icon in the compass (see picture), start finding the edges of the hot-spot where the icon just turns red and use wooden frames to map the edges of the hot-spot. Once the hot-spot radius is mapped with wooden frames, locate the center and begin digging 3-blocks deep in the center, then one block out from the center, in concentric circles until the chest is located.
- Level 1 Treasure Hunter = Within 9 block radius
- Level 2 Treasure Hunter = Within 7 block radius
- Level 3 Treasure Hunter = Within 5 block radius
These settings can be found (and changed) in progression.xml.
When you hit the treasure you will hear a different sound similar to chopping wood. Continuing hitting the treasure will result in you DESTROYING the treasure.
Loot List[edit source]
Loot Groups[edit source]
These are the Loot Groups that are included in a Loot Container. The chance of an item appearing in any of these groups has been scaled based on the chance of that group appearing in the parent group. A group can also appear more than once if it has been included subsequently by another group, the chances in this case will then reflect all the parent chances. The quality of the items returned will be defined by the loot container quality levels unless it has been specifically defined for the group, in which case it will be listed beside the group.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The treasure "hot-spot" is a circle.
- The box can be located in any place in the "hot spot"
- The box could be 3 blocks deep or more.
- The box can only be opened once, after-which it self-destructs along with everything left inside. Take everything you need the first time!
- Treasure quests are repeatable.
- Treasure chests located in water will be found on the lake bed and will not need to be dug out. (not always the case)