Talk:7 Days to Die
What is Linux Version X? I've run Linux exclusively for years, but I don't know what that is.
- I believe it signifies any version of Linux — Game widow (talk) 13:55, 23 August 2013 (UTC)
- I mean no offense, but I think that answer is way oversimplified. Not every Linux distribution has access to every package, especially when it comes to closed-source binaries like .Net. The developers really need to specify which kernel version, libraries and packages are required. I also read somewhere in the Forums that the Alpha release does not support Linux at all, but I have not been able to find any official information.
Why is the requirements and basic info page locked? ( http://7daystodie.gamepedia.com/7_Days_to_Die ) Especially with information that has been wrong for quite a long time (quickest examples are system requirements and controls). The purpose of a WIKI is to be edited by multiple people to allow content to remain current and up to date (even mentioned on the Help for this WIKI: http://7daystodie.gamepedia.com/Help:Contents ). Locking pages, especially with wrong information negates the value of a WIKI. (examples of sections and data that should be changed. Core Features should be removed and replaced with details similar to this post: http://steamcommunity.com/app/251570/discussions/0/558746088846101358/#c558746745640420144 System requirements should be replaced with something similar to this post: http://steamcommunity.com/app/251570/discussions/0/558747922232321942/?tscn=1392455004#c558747922412086583 Basically, update with more accurate data, but of course the page is locked and so inaccurate data remains. Controls should have mention of cheats and fly/god mode removed as those don't exist for players or server admins anymore. Z key is should be added as from Cheats Enabled (which should really be called Creative Enabled), Map teleport talk should be removed to match its removal from the game for players/admins, the same should be done for Time of Day and other ESC options. LEFT CTRL should be added as the crouch toggle key. I'm sure there are more I missed, but well, that is the problem with locked pages. — Red_Eagle_LXIX (talk) 19:21, 15 February 2014 (UTC)
- If you take a look at the History of the 7 Days to Die page. There was massive change in the wording. Specifically, someone changed it all to polish or something. With that page being a central point as it literally explains and describes the game for which this wiki is based around it makes sense to keep such an important document secure. While most people will notice that there may be a few differentiations in some of the content. Most of it correct. I will look into this and correct the information, but for the moment the page was protected for a reason. Thunder Sniper (talk) 08:23, 16 February 2014 (UTC)
- But he is right. We should monitor this page but do not block it from being edited by users. I understand that one can not change the mainpage but this i think should be editable by registred users. - Eichi87 (talk) 11:00, 16 February 2014 (UTC)
Minor issue with storyline[edit source]
"[...] and the remaining population is infected by an unknown virus ". The fact, that the zombie infection is caused by a virus has always bugged me a little bit. Shouldn't it be a bacteria caused infection, since you can heal yourself simply by applying antibiotics? This wouldn't make any sense if it really was caused by a virus. I know, this might be totally insignificant, but i cannot be the only one wondering. Any ideas? Can we just simply "change" it in the wiki?
- We could very easily change it on the wiki. However, it's the Pimp's story line, as published on their page: https://7daystodie.com/. So it's probably best left up to them. Mcwresearch (talk)
hello i m \ \\\\ 20