Current game stage: 1
A primitive tool useful for cutting wood, mining stone, repairing & upgrading walls, doors & windows. Not the best weapon.
|Type||Manual Tool, Repair Tool, Melee Weapon|
|Power Attack Entity Damage|
|Power Attack Block Damage|
|Explosion Range Entities|
|Explosion Range Blocks|
|Attacks per Minute||70|
|Rounds per Minute|
|Power Attack Stamina Usage|
|Damage Multiplier: Earth||0.15|
|Damage Multiplier: Metal||0.5|
|Damage Multiplier: Stone||0.67|
|Damage Multiplier: Wood||1|
|Durability (Min Quality)||75|
|Durability (Max Quality)||200|
|Degradation per Use||1|
|Butcher Damage Multiplier||4|
|Butcher Resource Multiplier||0.7|
|Vehicle Sprint Speed|
|Stamina Regen Reduction|
|Consumption Effects }}|
|Effect on Fullness|
|Effect on Hydration|
|Effect on Stamina|
|Effect on Health|
|Effect on Max Health|
|Buff Chance (%)|
|Repaired Using||Small Stone|
|Electrical Power Required|
|Burn Time||00′ 50″|
|Time to grow|
Description[edit | edit source]
The Stone Axe is a primitive, multi-purpose Tool that can be used to harvest resources, upgrade blocks, and repair damaged blocks. It can also serve as a basic melee Weapon to attack enemies and destroy blocks. The Stone Axe is the staple tool of choice for any beginning player, requiring very few easily obtainable resources to craft and to repair.
Uses[edit | edit source]
As a Tool[edit | edit source]
When using the Stone Axe as a tool, the following actions can be performed:
- Harvesting. Using the primary click (default left mouse button) will swing the Stone Axe, hitting any item or block that is targeted by the crosshairs and within range. This will allow you to cut down trees, dig into the earth, mine a boulder, or mine down into the Stone found underground. Harvesting most items or blocks will provide Resources with each swing.
- Butchering. When harvesting a recently slain animal corpse, a gore block, or bones, the Stone Axe acts as a Butcher Tool, allowing you to obtain resources from the corpse that you would not get when using a tool that is not a designated Butcher Tool.
- Repairing Blocks. Using the secondary click (default right mouse button) while targeting the crosshairs on almost any damaged item or block within range will use the Stone Axe to repair that item or block, provided that you have the appropriate repair material needed in your inventory.
- Upgrading Blocks. You can also use a Stone Axe as an upgrade tool by using the secondary click (default right mouse button) while targeting a block that is upgradeable. You must have the appropriate upgrade material in your inventory, and the block to be upgraded must already be fully repaired, before the upgrade process can be started.
As a Weapon[edit | edit source]
- When used in combat, a Stone Axe is a functional, if not very effective, short range Melee weapon. Due to lack of perk influence on this tool, it only gets the basic damage and dismember chance bonus from Strength attribute. There are many Weapons that are easily obtained that outperform the Stone Axe, so set out to acquire one as soon as possible.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Required Items[edit | edit source]
Repair[edit | edit source]
The Durability of the Stone Axe deteriorates with each use by 1. When its Durability reaches zero, it becomes unusable until repaired. Repairing the Stone Axe requires 1 Small Stone. Repairing restores its Durability back to Max Durability.
Scrapping[edit | edit source]
The Stone Axe can be scrapped, yielding Small Stone.