Current game stage: 1
|Zombie Type||Normal, Feral, Radiated|
|Location||Everywhere, higher spawn rate outside at nighttime|
Description[edit | edit source]
The Spider Zombie is a special type of Zombie encountered in Military bases, cities and during night hordes. They are distinguished by their signature walk pattern, blackened hands and feet, and various loud shrieks.
The Spider Zombie will typically announce it's presence with continuous loud shrieking and various clicking noises and hisses. Typically a player will easily hear them long before they are actually spotted.
This zombie's special ability allows it to scale most walls and therefore overcome simple defenses. It is recommended to build an overhang as this will prevent them from getting on the rooftop of a base.
Loot[edit | edit source]
The Spider Zombie has been known to drop the following items and resources;
- Empty Can
- Glass Pane
- Rotting Flesh
- Large Bone
- Short Iron Pipe
- Brass Candlestick
- Brass Trophy
- Lead Trophy
- Moldy Bread
- Coffee Beans
- Duke's Casino Tokens
Combat[edit | edit source]
During the day, when spotting a player, the Spider Zombie will shriek and slowly crawl on all fours towards them, scaling any walls in between. They move at about the same speed of an average zombie, and because of its predictable movement pattern it becomes an easy target for headshots.
During the night, on top of becoming much faster, they retain their climbing ability. Furthermore, their running behavior becomes a distinct running on all fours, while still being as fast as a standard running zombie. This can make scoring headshots rather difficult. If you find yourself cornered in a room, using melee weapons against a Spider Zombie should be considered a viable option, as they are more frail than the average zombie.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Spider Zombie can not climb fences, it only gets through them due to breaking them down or by glitching.
- A loud scream sound is emitted upon death, so it is recommend that you get away from the Spider Zombie after killing it. This loud scream can alert other Zombies.
- A horde may spawn zombies on your roof or near vulnerable structures if you engage spiders near them. It is advisable to lead them some distance away from your structures to not risk them spawning on or near vulnerable parts.
- Adding an overhanging lip to any structure will disable the spider from climbing past the lip (Similar to blocking spiders climbing in minecraft). They will then target ladders and doors next.
- These zombies make a characteristic clicking noise, similar to that of sonar, which makes them stand out and alerts the player to their presence quickly.
- They can only climb walls at night.
- Through an unknown glitch, you can get them to walk on two legs. (Works in Alpha 18.4, unknown how to trigger it.)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Spider Zombie is modeled after backer Tom Clark who pledged $6,000 for the "Undead Head" package on the games Kickstarter page in 2013. He is the only backer who bought the package.