Scrap Iron Hatch
|Scrap Iron Hatch|
|Used to place|
|Crafting Skill Group||[]|
|Action Skill Group|| []
|Smell on Belt|
|Smell strength on Belt|
|Smell in Bag|
|Smell strength in Bag|
|Durability (Base Quality)|
|Durability (Max Quality)|
|Heat Map Strength||0.05|
|Heat Map Time||02′ 00″|
|Heat Map Frequency|
|Max Stack|| 500
|Explosive Radius (Entity)|
|Entity Damage (Base Quality)|
|Entity Damage (Max Quality)|
|Explosive Radius (Block)|
|Block Damage (Base Quality)|
|Block Damage (Max Quality)|
|Range (Base Quality)|
|Range (Max Quality)|
|Dismemberment Chance (Base)|
|Dismemberment Chance (Max)|
|Butcher Damage Multiplier|
|Harvesting Damage Multiplier|
|Hoe Damage Multiplier|
|Disassemble Damage Multiplier||
|Effect on Fullness|
|Effect on Hydration|
|Effect on Health|
|Effect on Stamina|
|Effect on Wellness|
|Effect on Gassiness|
|Used to craft|
|Used Gun Parts||
|Upgrades Into||Scrap Iron Hatch v2|
|Used to upgrade|
|Used Parts||Scrap Iron|
|Used to cook|
|Provides Electrical Power|
|Requires Electrical Power||
|Used to forge|
|Forge Weight (oz)|
|Time to grow|
|Used to grow|
|Light Opacity|| 1
|Confirmed|| Alpha 16.2
Description[edit | edit source]
A Scrap Iron Hatch offers three security feature options, in relation to the player's control of the Hatch. Holding down the 'E' key, while looking at the Reinforced Secure Wooden Door, will bring up the following three icons:
- Left Icon - This is a keypad icon and is used to set up a password for the Hatch, moving the cursor over the icon and releasing the E key will bring up the password input box. Using the password input box the player can type any password they like and set it by clicking the green set button, or press the red cancel button to exit the menu and cancel the password input. Once the player has set a password they will have to enter it into the Hatch to be able to open it, this only needs to be done the first time the player uses the Hatch. Any player that knows the door code will be able to open this Hatch.
- Center Icon - This is a doorway icon, moving the cursor over this icon and releasing the E key with either open or close the Hatch depending on which state it was in when the player pushed down the E button.
- Right Icon - This is a padlock icon and represents the Hatch lock, moving the cursor over the icon and releasing the E key will toggle the Hatch between being either locked or unlocked. A Hatch that is locked without a password can only be opened by the player that locked it.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Required Item[edit | edit source]
To craft a Scrap Iron Hatch, either click on the ingredients in your inventory and select “Recipes” then Scrap Iron Hatch and “Craft”, or search for Scrap Iron Hatch in your crafting window search bar.
Required Items[edit | edit source]
The following recipes require a Scrap Iron Hatch:
|Scrap Iron Hatch v2||Scrap Iron Hatch *1, Scrap Iron *40|
Upgrade Process[edit | edit source]
Once you have the required tool and upgrade materials you can begin the upgrade process. The Repair Tool is equipped and the materials are left in your bag or on your tool belt. Approach the Scrap Iron Hatch and right click on it while holding the Repair Tool and an icon will appear showing the current upgrade status. The upgrade materials used will not be taken from your inventory until the upgrade is complete.
You can repair a Scrap Iron Hatch with Scrap Iron and an appropriate repair tool.
The following tools can be used to upgrade and repair Scrap Iron Hatch.
|Tool||Durability||Type||Repair Amount||Range||Speed||Efficiency||Repaired with|
|Claw Hammer||100||600||Construction, Melee||250||2.1||0.5||500||Forged Iron|
|Stone Axe||100||600||Construction, Melee||100||2.1||0.4||250||Small Stone|
|Taza's Stone Axe||300||600||Construction, Melee||100||2.1||0.4||250||Small Stone|
|Wrench||500||1400||Construction, Melee||350||2||0.4||875||Forged Steel|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- It is useful for making a door to block the top of a ladder (as shown below).
- Can be used to make a window that opens and shuts when needed.
- It is also useful to cover the water source inside your base (usually a hole filled with water).
- The Scrap Iron Hatch will increase the Heatmap by 0.05% every time it's opened or closed (due to the noise generated).