Current game stage: 1
Overview[edit | edit source]
Salvaging refers to the activity of Harvesting mechanical-based and electrical-based block items using a Disassemble Tool in order to obtain not only basic resources from the item but also bonus resources not available when harvesting using other tools. As in all types of Harvesting, materials are extracted from block items as they are damaged and/or destroyed by your Salvaging efforts.
Disassemble Tools[edit | edit source]
There is only one Disassemble Tool in 7 Days to Die: the Wrench. When using a Wrench on a block item that can be salvaged, the animation of the Wrench's attack changes into a wrenching motion, as if you are trying to loosen a bolt. This animation signals that you are taking the item apart, which will yield additional resources compared to using a tool not appropriate for the job. Table below shows its statistics.
|Max DPS||Durability||Uses||Range||Speed||Repaired with|
Salvaging Efficiently[edit | edit source]
- The Salvage Operations (Perk) will make you salvage faster and gain more resources.
- There are a variety of Mods you can install on your Disassemble Tool in order to increase its Block Damage.
Example Items for Salvaging[edit | edit source]
The following items are but a sample of the items which will yield bonus resources when using a Disassemble Tool:
- Furniture - various beds, lamps
- Kitchen appliances - Refrigerators and Refrigerator Top, Sinks, Toilets, Toasters, Microwaves, Ovens
- Electronic devices - TVs, Lamps, Computers, Consoles, |Street Lights
- Mechanical devices - Vending Machines, Water Coolers, Barbells, Electric Pole Device (found on top of Electric Poles), Air Conditioners
- Ruined vehicles - various car wrecks like Sedan, big trucks, school buses