Night Vision Goggles
You can help 7 Days to Die Wiki by .
|Night Vision Goggles|
|Used to place|
|Crafting Skill Group||Science (Skill)|
|Action Skill Group|| Clothing / Armor (Skill)
|Smell on Belt|
|Smell strength on Belt|
|Smell in Bag|
|Smell strength in Bag|
|Durability (Base Quality)||120|
|Durability (Max Quality)||300|
|Heat Map Strength|
|Heat Map Time|
|Heat Map Frequency|
|Max Stack|| 1
|Explosive Radius (Entity)|
|Entity Damage (Base Quality)|
|Entity Damage (Max Quality)|
|Explosive Radius (Block)|
|Block Damage (Base Quality)|
|Block Damage (Max Quality)|
|Range (Base Quality)|
|Range (Max Quality)|
|Dismemberment Chance (Base)|
|Dismemberment Chance (Max)|
|Insulation||0 °F, 0°C|
|Concussive (Base - Max)||6.5% - 13%|
|Puncture (Base - Max)||6.5% - 13%|
|Radiation (Base - Max)||6% - 10%|
|Fire (Base - Max)||12% - 20%|
|Butcher Damage Multiplier|
|Harvesting Damage Multiplier|
|Hoe Damage Multiplier|
|Disassemble Damage Multiplier||
|Effect on Fullness|
|Effect on Hydration|
|Effect on Health|
|Effect on Stamina|
|Effect on Wellness|
|Effect on Gassiness|
|Repaired using||Repair Kit|
|Used to craft|
|Used Gun Parts||
|Used to upgrade|
|Used to cook|
|Provides Electrical Power|
|Requires Electrical Power||
|Used to forge|
|Forge Weight (oz)|
|Time to grow|
|Used to grow|
|Confirmed|| Alpha 16.4
Overview[edit | edit source]
The Night Vision Goggles are a high-tech pair of goggles that allow the wearer to see in very dark conditions. They can only be obtained by looting them, most commonly being found on zombies wearing military-grade armor.
As of Alpha 16, night vision goggles are now fully functional and no longer have the bright green pixilated visuals they had in previous versions. They now have a very clear, blue-green display allowing the player to see in complete darkness over great distances now making them more effective for night play than the Mining Helmet. However they are much harder to find than the Mining Helmet making the helmet a very good alternative until the goggles can be found.
The level of protection is displayed in game by hovering over the item to show its tool tip, the values shown on each item are not the actual level of protection offered by the item of Clothing but rather a total of the protection offered when worn as a set of five items.
- Night Vision Goggles are not part of a set.
- The actual level of protection given by a single item of Clothing is 1/5th of the value displayed in the game.
Protection Values[edit source]
- The table below shows the differences between the protection values.
- All protection values in the game are presented as a percentage.
- The range of protection values show are affected by the quality and current durability of the item.
- The skill of the player with that type of armour will also have an effect on the protection level that is given.
- Displayed Protection Values represents the value of Night Vision Goggles as shown in the game.
- Actual Protection Values represent the value of Night Vision Goggles on their own.
Usage[edit | edit source]
To equip Night Vision Goggles use these directions:
- Open the Character Menu (Default: B)
- Place the Night Vision Goggles into the glasses gear slot
- Press the same key used to turn on a flashlight (Default: F, Left direction on console)
- Equipping the Goggles will unequip full-faced helmets, and vice versa