|Used to place|
|Crafting Skill Group||[]|
|Action Skill Group||[]
|Smell on Belt|
|Smell strength on Belt|
|Smell in Bag|
|Smell strength in Bag|
|Durability (Base Quality)|
|Durability (Max Quality)|
|Heat Map Strength|
|Heat Map Time|
|Heat Map Frequency|
|Explosive Radius (Entity)|
|Entity Damage (Base Quality)|
|Entity Damage (Max Quality)|
|Explosive Radius (Block)|
|Block Damage (Base Quality)|
|Block Damage (Max Quality)|
|Range (Base Quality)|
|Range (Max Quality)|
|Dismemberment Chance (Base)|
|Dismemberment Chance (Max)|
|Butcher Damage Multiplier|
|Harvesting Damage Multiplier|
|Hoe Damage Multiplier|
|Disassemble Damage Multiplier||
|Effect on Fullness|
|Effect on Hydration|
|Effect on Health|
|Effect on Stamina|
|Effect on Wellness|
|Effect on Gassiness|
|Unlocked through||Minibikes For Dumbshits|
|Used to craft|
|Used Gun Parts||Minibike Handlebars|
Lead Car Battery
|Used to upgrade|
|Used to cook|
|Provides Electrical Power|
|Requires Electrical Power||
|Used to forge|
|Forge Weight (oz)|
|Time to grow|
|Used to grow|
The Minibike is a type of vehicle in 7 Days to Die. Minibikes For Dumbshits must be read in order to craft it (the book unlocks the Minibike Chassis, Minibike Handlebars, and Minibike Seat recipes). After crafting the Minibike Chassis, place it on the ground (by selecting it from the toolbar) and assemble the rest of the vehicle, including the Minibike Wheels, Minibike Handlebars, Minibike Seat, Small Engine, and Lead Car Battery.
Installing a Shopping Basket and/or a Padlock is optional. The Shopping Basket adds 18 slots of accessible storage (6x3 grid). A Padlock provides the ability to lock the Minibike and includes a password feature, useful for multiplayer.
- In order to start assembly of the Minibike, the Chassis must be placed on the ground.
- The radial menu may be accessed by holding <E> over the Chassis, and necessary parts may be attached.
Refuel and repair
The following items are needed to fuel and repair the Minibike:
Operation / Controls
- W - Throttle (move forward)
- A - Steer left
- D - Steer right
- S - Brake (stop) / Reverse
- SPACEBAR - Handbrake (quick stop)
- F - Toggle Headlight On/Off
- E - Mount/Dismount.
- X - Honk horn
- The speed of a Minibike is determined by the Quality of the Small Engine. This means if you have a Flawless Small Engine, and all other parts are faulty, it will still travel at maximum speed. These are the speeds for each grade of Small Engine:
- Faulty: 5-6 m/s
- Poor: 7-8 m/s
- Good: 9-10 m/s
- Fine: 11-13 m/s
- Great: 13-14 m/s
- Flawless: 15-17 m/s
- Zombies cannot outrun even the slowest Minibike, making it invaluable for traveling at night, especially during Blood Moon Hordes.
- The Lead Car Battery loses durability quicker than other parts if lights are on but recovers otherwise without repair.
- Hitting zombies will damage the Minibike.
- When destroyed, the Minibike will begin to smoke and refuse to move. Upon dismounting, it will disappear, making it impossible to recover any parts or items that may have been stored in the Shopping Basket.
- Attempting to remount a bike that has been hit or damaged by a weapon may cause repeated death.
- Despite the Shopping Basket, and Padlock being optional, they still affect the overall quality of the Minibike.
- The quality of the Frame determines the Defense.
- The quality of the Handlebar affects the brightness of the headlight.
- Higher quality engines can hold more fuel and are more quiet.
- Higher quality batteries have a bigger charge.
- Upon contact with water, the Minibike will be rendered unusable. It must be disassembled and the chassis must be picked up via the radial menu by holding <E>.
- Exiting the minibike at full speed will not damage the player and will bring the minibike to a quick stop.
- The Minibike and current Alpha notes are being collated to enable full & smooth functionality.
- Minibike Losses/Disappearing Issues can sometimes be the reason for overall server lag.
- It is also possible that the bike is not at the point it vanishes.
- A disappeared Minibike is generally found between 1 and 2 blocks below the surface.
- Fastest Known Fix on Lag is to replace the region file for that square (Bear in mind this will also restore that block to default and any player base will be wiped)
- Other options, remove all players from Minibike Area or Restart server in PW mode so only admin can join, Run in low res windowed Mode to dig the bike out.
- Average Fix Time based on history 5 mins to 3hrs.
Video Guide (Alpha 16)
Learn what you need to craft, assemble and use the minibike. Additional tips of how to work around not finding the minibike book, and still be able to assemble the bike.
Related Video Demo
The video below demonstrates in detail how to make the Minibike as of alpha 13, although as of alpha 15 some recipes for the Template:Minibike parts has changed. If you already have all the items required you can skip to 4:30 to learn how to assemble the parts.