Current game stage: 1
- For information about maps rather than the interface for maps, see Map.
The Map Menu activates when a player uses a keyboard-shortcut ("M" key by default) or by clicking the map icon at the top of the menu while accessing one of the other main menus such as Character Menu, Looting Menu, or Crafting Menu.
From the map menu the player is able to manage waypoints (personal and shared) as well as view the map and access map stats, such as the current day and time, outside temperature, wind speed, and elevation.
Components[edit | edit source]
The Map Menu has three major components:
- Map, which is the actual map indicating areas the player has visited (the map reveals more as the player visits an area).
- Waypoints, which allow a player to mark a point on a map for later reference.
- Shared Waypoints, which displays information about shared waypoints.
Waypoints[edit | edit source]
The left-most pane of the menu lists any waypoints the player has created as well as options to remove and search through waypoints.
Creating Waypoints[edit | edit source]
- Right-click a point on the map and select "Save Waypoint".
- Choose an arbitrary icon to represent the waypoint.
- Give the waypoint a short name less than 13 characters.
Tracking Waypoints[edit | edit source]
If you highlight a waypoint in the list and click the compass icon on the far-left, you will be able to track a waypoint. Tracking a waypoint places it in your compass regardless of your distance from the waypoint, allowing you to navigate straight to the waypoint. You can track multiple waypoints simultaneously. The compass icon is a toggle, so one click turns on tracking for the highlighted waypoint and another click turns off tracking. Which waypoints are being tracked are saved after logging off of a server and out of the game.
Centering Waypoints[edit | edit source]
Removing Waypoints[edit | edit source]
Sharing Waypoints[edit | edit source]
In the shared waypoints menu pane, you can save shared waypoints, show them on the map, and/or remove them from your list of shared waypoints.
[edit | edit source]
Once you have waypoints added to the map, you then are able to see them represented in your compass, at the top-center of the default screen.
As you get closer to waypoints, their icons in the compass get bigger and more opaque. This provides immediate information regarding how close you are to the waypoint, without having to stop and open the map. Quick waypoints will not change transparency with distance.