Linux Server with Debian Sid
Current game stage: 1
WORK IN PROGRESS - Years old and out of date. Look elsewhere.[edit | edit source]
Installation of Debian[edit | edit source]
- Download mini network boot image for Debian: http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/dists/sid/main/installer-amd64/current/images/netboot/mini.iso
- Mount and start the installation
- Select Advanced Options and Expert install to start the installation.
- You can process each step til Choose a mirror of the Debian archive:
- If you are ready select Choose a mirror of the Debian archive, select your favorite mirror and continue.
- You will get a list of debian versions, select the last entry (sid - unstable):
- Continue the installation with selecting Download installer components and doing the "normal" installation.
Required software[edit | edit source]
After the installation of Debian you can install the required software:
- wine-unstable and wine64-unstable (as long as there is no "native" Linux build) (tested: 1.7.17)
- xvfb (probably also only as long as there is no native build)
- rsync (for backups)
- sendemail, sendxmpp (for memory limit notifications, both optional)
After installation of all software you should create an alias for wine or you need to use wine-unstable instead of wine.
If you run wine, it will tell you that you need support for multiarch, just execute the following command:
dpkg --add-architecture i386