Current game stage: 1
Alpha 18.4 PC Steam: After roughly 1-2 hours after game start up, game can freeze and/or crash. Reason unknown, as this seems to be quite rare. This could also be an issue with only certain computers, since this has only happened to me as far as my research has found. This could also be an error downloading the game itself forgeting files or an antivirus deleting files.
Alpha 18.4 PC Steam: Being AFK for roughly 1-3 minutes causes the game to freeze and/or crash. Reason unknown, as this is quite rare.This could also be an issue with only certain computers, since this has only happened to me as far as my research has found. This could also be an error downloading the game itself forgeting files or an antivirus deleting files.
16.4 PC dedicated Server unplugged. restart resulted in world counter = day 1. two players online at time of crash reset to lvl 1. restored the (steam id player).tpp.bak files for both players and it fixed their characters. Used console command to restore day to day 60 (otherwise traders would not refresh for 60 days). Problem is that sleepers do not re-spawn. almost every building once cleared never has a zombie in it. Items refresh. swarms swarm.. awake zombies are walking around.. but no more sleepers, no more zombies inside buildings. How can you reset sleepers? what file loads sleeper spawn status? Is there a file i can restore to default to fix sleepers without resetting world or it's players?
02/9/18 playing private game online with friend but he gets stuck on spot and I can no longer see what he is doing. His screen looks normal but then he can no longer interact with anything. Also his map will stop loading and he sees what we call the white wall. Really annoying as we cannot play the game and we bought it to play together.
Version 16.2 On MP server, if player dies and re-spawns, other players cannot see the re-spawned player until the player rejoins.
Version 16.2 On MP server, if player leaves after death without re-spawning, the player cannot join back and the game client gets stuck in the state of "not responding".
Version 16.2 While server restart, disappears all generator/battery/solar banks' content (engines/batteries/fuel/solar panels).
Version 16.2 Was stuck on "Starting game" while connecting to server. Problem was solved by deleting multiplayer save folder.
Make grass and other terrain blocks form to player made blocks. Ex: placed grass stick to placed flagstone.
6/16/2017: Experiencing a bug where joining a friends game will set my character back to the end of our first play session. All items ad levels will be reset to the end of the first play session as well as location. Items put in crates and changes personally made to the base are not affected.
4/13/2017, I believe update 1.12 for Xbox (supposed to fix things, changed med kit icon to have a medical symbol of that helps) and now, occasionally, supply crates will fall (usually if we don't go for them immediately or look to see them falling) they will fall 10-30 blocks below ground. (World was up before the update)
Hey never posted an issue before not sure if this will work...
While playing multiplayer on Xbox one, I'm hosting and a friend joins. Around 20-30mins in he starts to just walk on the spot on my screen but on his screen everything is normal. A minute later he cant interact with anything, cant hurt me, hurt zombies, loot anything, nothing. He disconnects and it works for a bit sometimes it doesn't do anything. We have tried restarting consoles, new games, different characters. Nothing is working 16/1/2017 Tony If you know an answer post please!
Fix the glitch in which you can't join a friend's private server
Playing online multiplayer if you bleed out while riding a mini bike your backpack will fall through the ground. Also my game crashed and after rejoining my steel tools and guns in my hot bar were turned to mini bike parts
Xbox one- I can't join any friend online. It states that I'm joining the game but it disconnects me every time. I can only play single player but I cannot join nor invite any body to my game.
fix the glitch sometime soon where if you change the settings you entire base disappears. Xbox one s, private server. I'm pretty positive it was the army camp
New glitch 1/6/17: While playing multiplayer on ps4 offline, player one force quit the gane while both of us were dying. Logged back in just for the character to die anyways, and player 2 could not log in anymore. One day later, character can be logged into but the enviornment never loaxs. and I think I changed the real time it takes for an in game day from 20 to 10
New Glitch: 2/13/17 Xbox 1 Split Screen Screen starts flashing slightly for 30 seconds then completely shuts down game. All built houses reset and all stored supplies disappear. Issues with getting crafting menu to pop up.
New glitch (splitscreen): When playing splitscreen after quitting your house is replaced with another house thus resulting in everything being deleted it only seems to be the New house
Ps4 when on single player offline trying to look at character tab in inventory game crashes
6/27/17: after the new updsate was released on ps4 I loaded in my world then I decided to check my characters gear, but when I went into the character menu it instantly crashed it was happened 8 times pin a row now
glitch 7/28/17 falling with a mini bike from a deadly heigh make you're backpack fall through the ground. Also going at full speed while the server cannot actualise the land fast enough, will make the chunk reinitialized. After this i had a deconnection, and when i came back, my stat where reinitialized like i'm a new player;
8/7/2017 - Was playing on a friend's private server with a total of three people (including me), not including one offline person. It was night 7, and every time that we reached Day 8, 00:30, the time switched back to Day 7 23:00. Had to undergo this - each time with a new horde of zombies - three times before the owner went into the console to set the time ahead, which fixed it. ~~~
05/09/2018 Xbox One - Was playing single player in a new survival game, day 4, respawned after some dogs f***ed player up and it was suddenly day 169. Have tried quitting/restarting game, unplugging console and dying/respawning again, to no avail. Weird.
Splitscreen ps4 Building houses or fixing old ones causes roof to cave in
Description[edit | edit source]
- This page should only detail bugs from the current release of 7 Days to Die
- All the known bugs from the current release version are placed in here. Add more if you know any bugs.
- If the current version of a known bug is not listed here, feel free to add it. Please don't use a general section.
- If you are not sure if you have found a valid bug or not use this page's talk page to discuss it.
- Please don't post bugs in others articles different from this one, in order to clarify the informative articles and facilitate the maintenance of the wiki.
- Be sure you to place any fixed or no longer existing bugs in the Known Bugs: Legacy page.
- Please mark your posts with ~~~again. This way we can easily know who found this bug.
- Computer - In a multiplayer lan, my friend and i encountered a strange bug with the workstation. It had been full on the output, and my friend crated a minibike seat. Now his skill level would have only made a 146, but i got into the workstation at the end of the crafting, and it output into my inventory as a 323, my crafting level. We tried to replicate this bug, but it seems to have some factors other than just staring at it when it finishes crafting.
- PS4 - I died on my spikes when I respawned; I keep getting health taken away. Now I keep dying as soon as I respawn.
- When I leave my house to go searching for stuff my entire house resets to a certain point. so if I put something in my chests and then I leave, then those things would be gone. And I tried to put a vault hatch down on a bunker I was making, but then I would leave to do stuff, the hatch disappears. If anyone has the same problem, please email me of how to fix it. firstname.lastname@example.org
- This occurred in singleplayer - After luring a lot of screamers and killing the hordes, when I die and select an option to respawn the console show up with the message : "ArgumentOutOfRangeException : Argument is out of range. Parameter name : index". After that I get stucked in the loading background screen and can't respawn. If I try to restart my game and load the save it's shows me the death blood screen, the camera stucked looking above on where i'm supposed to respawn and the controls including the ESC will not work until I force the game to close(ALT + F4) .
- When dismounting from the minibike near a door, it can no longer be interacted with in any way, any attempt to use the bike will instead use the door.
- When created a random generated world in singleplayer there are some unbreakeable buildings(found this in a settlement on the meds and guns in the seed: CaNtThInK2 location: 1845N 185E )where is not related to trader.
- XB1: In a private server that my friend hosts, we will be walking around, or just standing still, and all of a sudden, he will die. Has happened at least 3 times, and he wasn't infected or anything like that.
- pc/computer: on a server i was on the grass had gone glichy and see throu and we never seen the bug before so we did not go into the bug and we almost died from zombies
Alpha 14[edit | edit source]
PS4 game error occurred a couple times kicking all players in the world. Then the same thing happened, only this time after restarting the saved file, the area and house we built our dynasty in had respawned. Had to break down the door to get in and all content of the house had reverted to a default state. All trees and stones in the area respawned as well, completely overwriting anything that had been there. An entire corner of a player built structure would be missing and a boulder would be in its place. Or a player built bridge would have a tree replace a portion of it. Only occurred in the area near bed roll (and everything we had), tried to reload the file but, I assume it saved the condition of the world upon exiting and reloaded the file as such.
XB1: In a Single Player game, it crashed to the main menu. Upon logging back in, part of the house I was living in reset to the prefab version, removing all chests and objects in that section.
Xbox1 the cursor for the inventory keeps getting stuck on the screen after looking inside chests thus stopping me from being able to move completely
PS4 - Iron bars have glitched into place. Zombies can now run threw them and players can fall and walk threw them. When you go to break them it's as if nothing is there but they can not be replaced with more iron bars or other blocks.
PS4 - version1.0 glass panes don't act as a solid block fixed by update
PS4 - Blocks in player created structures disappear, unable to place new blocks where original blocks went missing, resulting in invisible boundaries that can't be removed or interacted with, players and zombies can still move through these boundaries as though nothing is there. Removing all blocks surrounding the boundaries has no effect, when water is poured over the top of the boundaries, the water simply stops dead upon meeting the boundary.
PS4 - building concrete blocks, their toughness starts at 3000 but upgrading them takes more concrete instead of forged iron and brings the toughness down to 1500. If you then break them they crumble instead of becoming normal concrete blocks again. Also happens when upgrading wood blocks to concrete, once you get that far stop or they actually get weaker.
^this is not true, this makes the concrete "wet," if you wait for it to dry it'll have 6,000 hp and turn to hardened concrete.
PS4 - Created a chest in a nuclear bunker, went scavenging and when I came back the chest had disappeared and my forge was broken
PS4 - Map Marker Deletion: Upon placing map markers, previous ones may disappear (yet still be active, just not on the map or tracker.) The previous marker icon replaces whatever the new one is supposed to be. Example: House icon is placed. Cave icon is placed. The original house icon is deleted, and the cave is now a house on both the map and tracker. 8/22/16
PS4 - Day 7 hordes may never spawn in sp maps.
XB1 - the cursor for the inventory keeps getting stuck on the screen after looking inside chests thus stopping me from being able to move completely
PS4 - When getting water into a bucket or trying to place an error message appears for the game. This kicks the player out to the ps4 homescreen and shuts app fully. Playing on another friends map on online multiplayer. The buckets also disappear once another invite was sent but all other items were accounted for.
PS4 - Doors reappear after destroying them,and cannot be opened unless destroyed again.
XB1/PS4 - Firing automatic weapons, using the chainsaw, and auger for more than 5 seconds will cause the sound of item used to be rendered in the last current place used indefinitely until used in another location for under the 5 second threshold. Usually heard by all players but occasionally heard by non users. 07/20/16
XB1 - I cant join a friends game, get stuck on “waiting for server“, then crash. Worked fine before the last update, now we cant play, none of us is playing as Miguel or Clint.
XB1 - While playing our doors to our house downgrades to a regular wooden door, when it was currently upgraded to its max, this is all in multiplayer split screen... Also since day 49, we have been attacked by feral and police zombies as well as 30 other zombies every night as we are on day 81 and we are still getting attacked every single night.
XB1 - After leaving loot menu of killed zombie the body will explode. This sometimes causes items not retrieved to be deleted. Also happens with treasure chests. 07/20/16
PS4/XB1 - Some killed zombies stay in standing position. 07/20/16
XB1 - Nail gun will randomly only upgrade certain blocks, using wrench or axe will usually reset it. 07/20/16
XB1 - Zombies killed by spikes will occasionally not allow you to interact with them. 07/2016 XB1 - game freezes and doesn't allow the game to load after 27 days if anyone knows a fix please comment below
PS4 - Currently playing day 79 and digging around my base. Render on some of the dirt isn't there causing the character to continue to hop up and down on nothing. I died on this spot and cannot find my bag. Sometimes if you place a block the game re-renders and shows the dug out as normal. If you then re-dig the block it again goes back to bottomless map. It seems to be a rendering issues on blocks when you dig them out.
PS4 - Audio cut out day 19 for brief moments, zombies make no noise, mining or attacking has no audio at first but cuts out again.
PS4 - When playing split screen, 7 day hordes (usually day 21 and above) will cause the frame rate to drop so low that it is nearly impossible to accomplish anything in the game. ~~~~Cujonaut 8/31/2016
- Storage Chest CRASH/KILL a server but Alpha 14.7 - Fill up a couple dozen, or more, chests and then destroy them all quickly. In the case of what happened on my server (hosted at a company not run on my PC) the dropping stone axes filled the floor and suddenly all across my server people couldn't open things. They could move around but that isn't a full game. I need a way to change chests BACK to not drop contents when broken. Also, is there a command in console to cleanup items on the ground? ~~~~ KenJustKen 6/24/2016 of **** The Place ****
- Storage Chest duplication bug Alpha 14.6 - set 2 chests side by side then place something in left chest then break chest to unlock it, this will double the item and put it into the chest on the right. Should we REALLY be telling everyone these bugs? Would it not be better to send them ONLY to The Fun Pimps? ~~~~ KenJustKen 6/6/2016 of **** The Place ****
- FPS drops on certain worlds.
- It is possible to get an infinite amount of gunpowder, bullet casings, and bullet tips, using only two bullets.
- It is possible to get an infinite amount of molds, using only one of each type.
- The supply drop Airplane and crate are sometimes invisible to the player. According to player's consoles, the airplane and crate do spawn, but they cannot be seen.
- The player can break his/her legs after falling a single block.
- This bug has been mostly eliminated as of the Alpha 11.2 patch, but it still occurs occasionally.
- Looting animal carcasses will occasionally provide no loot and return an error in the console.
- Furthermore, animal carcasses will sometimes be inaccessible to non-hosts.
- When playing with other players, it could happen that players have no access to a shared storage, even though the storage is unlocked.
- Running a Gmod-Dedicated Server before the start of the 7DTD one can lead to a crash as soon as a player tries to connect.
- Sometimes when crafting large amounts in your inventory, the game freezes and then crashes. When the game is not responding, very often simply waiting will get you back in the game so you won't lose all the stuff you're crafting. This may take a couple minutes however.
- When falling on Wood Log Spikes, the player is unable to move thus dying on the spikes.
- Crafting a "farm of" or numerous nightstands allows a player to harvest a near infinite quantity of resources such as ammo and pistols.
- Players can sometimes walk through wooden barriers on doorways inside houses.
- Shooting an oil barrel or TNT with a bow does trigger, while the crossbow does not. 220.127.116.11 09:33, 25 May 2015 (UTC)
- Firearms can not shoot through rebar frames. But they can shoot through wood frame, cobblestone frame, iron bar and metal trussing. 18.104.22.168 09:42, 25 May 2015 (UTC)
- Zombies sometimes spawn inside the walls of cave tunnels. 22.214.171.124 14:29, 25 May 2015 (UTC)
- While sneaking and walking over your bedroll in a 2 high space, there is very small chance of breaking a leg.
- In A11.5 (on p2p)vast swathes of the world become invisible with players hovering in a blue void, rendering the game virtually unplayable. Blocks are (very)temporarily re-rendered if a non-host logs out and back in. 126.96.36.199 18:13, 2 June 2015 (UTC)
- This bug seems to be related to a non-host opening the map, since it returns a related error in the host's console.
- While climbing up a ladder with a fully upgraded trapdoor on top, there is a slight chance to get launched into the air about 5 blocks high (or much higher in some cases, resulting in death).
- If you are crafting an item when you die you keep that on respawn. (I was doing around 1000 papers from books and respawned on my bed)
- "Throwing" (right clicking items out) of your inventory only works when you have opened another inventory such as a forge and a forge only. It does not work if you go into your inventory by hitting the i key
- This is incorrect. Throwing from the inventory can be done, but only within a very small space from the inventory window. Attempting to do it towards the edges of the screen will result in nothing happening.
- Water placement via bucket(12.5 update) - the water will occasionally get stuck and not level out, thus leaving one or more blocks of water sitting oddly above the ground or area you want to place it, and you cannot get rid of it once it's placed. `Caine 9/11/2015
XB1 - zombies won't attack and you cannot attack them.
- Sometimes when your in game the screen will only be black and white
When attempting to play splitscreen with a player who had previously played in your world, the e will error out to the menu and close.
- Some of the textures, such as ground, are invisible in Linux version
XB1 - When playing on a private server, if you exit out and then try to get back on the server this results in very long load times.
I have been having an issue continuing a saved game on Xbox One. It goes through the load screen and gets stuck once it shows the "building environment" message in the center of the screen.
This same error occurs on PS4 after one player disconnects from the host's game world. It appears to be loading in but the only thing that ever loads is the audio while the player is stuck "waiting for server".
XB1/PS4 - once chainsaw is activated the noise continues even after being stored.
XB1 - My friend can't seem to get back into my private server all it does is say waiting for server and he can only hear the noise of me punching blocks of where he once was 😢
PS4 - Driving the minibike causes a severe drop in frame rate on any given map.
PS4 - When driving the minibike into a burning forest biome on a survive map w/ cheat mode on, there is a chance of catching fire. After a few minutes of this, you will fly off the bike straight up into the air. The bike simultaneously falls straight down indefinitely. The game then crashes. Even after deleting the affected map, it seems as though none of your other maps will load.
XB1 - Disconnects on the multiplayer server after 10–30 minutes. Cannot save game. New server each time. PS4: Random disconnects from online server, every 10–20 minutes Xbox: Game freezes when open inventory.ik
PS4 - Forge wont recognize any material you have needed to forge an item. 45 Iron, but forge shows me with 0.
- NOTE: Not sure if the above is an error. The forge works by first consuming iron INTO the forge. Please make sure you have loaded the forge and burned the iron you loaded. This will then change the number from 0 in the forge. Amount on hand is not the same as amount in forge.
XB1 - When playing split-screen. Player 1 can die but will get a black screen and won't respawn. While player 2 respawns like normal. Player 2 can also see that player 1 is still alive laying on the ground. Player 1 can not be killed to trigger the respawn either. Seems the conditional statement of the programming does not set the player death correctly. It shows the death animation and blood then nothing.. This also corrupts the save where you can not load it again.
- UPDATE ON PREVIOUS ERROR: You can avoid the whole black screen of death and save corruption by crafting a sleeping back with plant fiber. Game has not crashed and played it for hours.
XB1 - When going to continue a game. Load times become extremely long. More than 30 mins.
PS4 - World does not render for non host players and they either fall through the map and must re log or they are thrown back 5 blocks from the non rendered map and must re log. 216-973-1605
PS4 - In some MP survival saves, no zombie hordes will spawn on the 14th night, 21st night, and onwards.(possibly just out of sync due to 18 hour days)
PS4 - Player freezes when they use the server players section of the inventory and must re log, they also are just known as Player by the server but others see them as their online ID.
XB1 - Rendering issues consistent. Forced to restart game just to render the map especially when using the minibike. 7-3-16
PS4/XB1 - player made doors disappear in building and are replaced by default doors. Possibly caused by house not being rendered by a player at the time loot would reset for that building.
PS4 - Game does not load after death. Instead it locks up at a blank loading screen. Closing down the program and restarting results in a save game that no longer loads.
PS4 - Minibike disappeared parked on grass.
PS4 - Air drop indicator shown on compass as yellow marked but crate is nowhere to be found. I have two on one random gen map. Theses seem to persist indefinitely.
PS4 - When holding the handgun, opening doors and looting is almost impossible as the sweet spot to click on them is almost non-existent.
PS4: When playing on a private MP server with a friend, we were unable to access a door, 2 forges, 2 campfires, 4 storage boxes, and 1 hatch. This seems to have happened right after our night 14 horde, and after repairing our damages. I'm wondering if something we did while repairing the pre-built building glitched out an area in our base. Either way, major issue. It cost us all our smelting resources, parts, food, etc.
XB1 - Can not kill or loot zombies while weapons are equipped.
PS4/XB1 - Minibike disappears when jumping off while driving sometimes. I also somehow cloned my minibike which proceeded to replace my hotbar with the duplicated parts.
PS4 - House on lake is inaccessible. All of the wood blocks crash the moment player steps on one. Also cause some sort of glitch in the lake from that point forward. Building tunnel upwards from underneath and every block glitches and turns into hundreds of blocks then into debris.
PS4 - Went to a lake with a house and a bridge. Bashed a tire on the bridge deck and all hell broke loose. Sounded like the bridge collapsed but it didn't and the sound of water splashing played in infinity loop. Looked like the edge of the lake got a wave that tried to fill a bulge with water blocks. Had to hide in the house due to night fall, bad idea. The game eventually crashed and save game file is unloadable. It just loads and loads to the sound of splashing water then crashes. Clint as character. Single Player.
PS4: After the bridge incident I built a house from scratch by another lake. Suddenly a familiar sound of splashing water is heard without apparent reason. Game stalls to a crawl and crashes. Save unloadable just as before. Clint as character. Single Player.
PS4: Tried to fill out a side of a creek with dirt. All went well until blocks underneath was destroyed an a waterfall was created. Since I already got two corrupt save files due to water glitches (see two post above this one) I was eager to fill it out so the splashing blocks of death would't appear. But they did and again game crawls to a stall. I was able to run a couple of 100 meters from it and saved game but now I fear it too is unloadable. I'm beginning to get sick of this. 80–100 hours invested and all items and progress is lost again. 20160916
- Update* The running away from the mess and then saving tactic worked! I got a strange three level creek now but rather that than an unloadable save.
●XB1: Game will freeze and upon return an entire area that has been modified for a base will be gone from bedrock to top of land this seems to have something to do with either campfires or forges removing great deals of work and causing me to consider retiring this game. This never happened prior to this newest 1.80 gb update.
PS4: When going to the other town then coming back, the house in the wilderness outside of cities and towns, and everything in it, just disappears. Note that the house collapsed several times, but I kept fixing it.
PS4: All sound from interacting with blocks is gone. Mining, breaking, upgrading etc. Occasionally will hear it once but then goes silent again. Other sounds seem to be working fine
PS4: If the game crashes while riding the minibike, the minibike may disappear after
reloading the game. The game crashes often for unknown reasons when riding the minibike. Too often that it ruins the game for me.
PS4: While playing horde night's on private multiplayer, game slows down so much it is actually unplayable. Once horde is killed zombie corpse's are flashing in and out of screen and you are not able to interact with some of them horde night 21 no-show night 28 as above.
Ps4 no zombies or horde spawn anymore have made different worlds and it works for maybe 30 day or so then they stop spawning again Ps4 in version 1.0 glass panes placed show but aren't solid update fixes it
PS4: I can't save skill points. If I level up and get 5 skill points and not spend them if I level up again and get 5 points I won't have 10 points. I'll still have 5. If anyone has any info on how to fix this please let me know.
XB1: after shooting an automatic firearm (AK47 and SMG) the sound of shooting will continue to play. It may go away after a bit. (Hasn't been tested