Overview[edit | edit source]
Harvesting is a new mechanic in 7 Days to Die that was introduced in A13. You harvest an item by facing it, and then left-clicking with an appropriate tool. It is similar to smashing an item for scrap, except for the following:
- In most cases, instead of destroying the item, you are "taking it apart".
- When the correct tool is used, harvesting always yields more loot than destroying the item by other means.
- While harvesting, you gradually receive loot, while the item's Durability decreases. (Whereas scrapping doesn't yield any loot until the item is completely destroyed.)
- When completely harvested, the item disappears. Some items yield "bonus loot" when completely harvested.
Things that can be Harvested with a Wrench:[edit | edit source]
- Air Conditioner
- Control Panel
- Cars have 3 stages of breaking down and give slightly different chances on items being harvested:
- Undamaged cars will give Scrap Iron, Leather, and rarely, random quality Small Engine and Lead Car Battery. Quality is not based on level.
- Damaged cars will give Scrap Iron, Spring, occasionally Oil, and rarely Brass Car Radiator.
- Frame cars will give Scrap Iron, Short Iron Pipe, Gas Can, and rarely Headlight.
- It doesn't matter where you stand to harvest the car (front/back/left/right side) you get the same chances.
- Shopping Cart
Things that can be Harvested with a Fireaxe:[edit | edit source]
A Chainsaw can also be used.
Things that can be Harvested with a Hunting Knife:[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Because harvesting is a common and useful activity, you should consider carrying one tool from each harvesting category at all times.