Current game stage: 1
Description[edit | edit source]
The gamestage is a mechanic of the game that affects a certain aspect of difficulty for a specific world. It determines what kind of zombies spawn in POIs and blood moons and is one of the factors of determining how many zombies show up at a blood moon as well.
The gamestage directly corresponds to what level you are (unless you die) and how well you are doing. If you die, your gamestage is reduced, making the game a little easier for a while until it raises back up.
In servers, blood moon spawn rates is based on an average of all the currently online players' gamestages. If there are very low gamestage players present nearby, the spawn rate will be reduced.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- First, more feral zombies will spawn more often. Then later, radiated zombies begin to spawn in POIs and blood moons.
- Being in the Wasteland biome will temporarily raise your gamestage.
- If you die, your gamestage is reduced.
- The difficulty setting determines how fast your gamestage rises.
- It also determines what items you will find when looting, including quality of tools or weapons.