Food dictates your survival in 7 Days to Die. Eating food gives you Fullness, which in turns gives you Max Stamina. Without it you die, with too little of it, life can be tedious and slow but with a lot of it, many new options and styles of play are available to the character.
Early Game[edit | edit source]
- In the early game, you will want to mainly use the canned food and bottled water (that you can find or purchase from traders) to survive.
- The Empty Cans you get can be scrapped into Scrap Iron or used to get and boil water.
- Keep your Glass Jars and fill them up when you find water. Make sure to boil the water at a campfire before consuming it.
- You will find yourself needing a campfire for warmth no matter what, as bottles of murky water can be purified later and you can purify cans of murky water without a Cooking Pot.
- The harvesting system allows you to harvest animals for meat. You need either a Bone Knife, Machete, or a Hunting Knife to harvest an animal. Axes also work, but not as well.
- Collect seeds while looting as they are very important to establishing a farm.
- Start purchasing Living off the Land and Master Chef perks, at least one level into each.
Mid to Late Game[edit | edit source]
- As you start to establish yourself you can stop worrying about the canned food and save it for when you desperately need food.
- Start a garden near your base or at a spot that's convenient for you and plant seeds on tilled dirt and wait for your plants to grow.
- When you use water for boiling/cooking, it uses the jar as well so you will need to craft or find jars every now and then.
- Purchase more Living off the Land and Master Chef, and other related to harvesting perks.
Extension:DynamicPageList (DPL), version 3.3.3: Warning: No results.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- You are unable to drink any more if your Water Fullness is at the maximum.
- You are unable to eat any more if your Food Fullness is at the maximum.