We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Food dictates your survival in 7 Days to Die. Without it you die, with too little of it, life can be tedious and slow but with a lot of it, many new options and styles of play are available to the character. (Everything updated to 13.6 stats/recipes)
Early Game[edit | edit source]
- In the early game, you will want to mainly use the canned food and bottled water (that you can find) to survive.
- The Empty Cans you get can be scrapped into Scrap Iron or used to get and boil water.
- Keep your empty jars and fill them up when you find water. Make sure to boil the water at a campfire before consuming it.
- You will find yourself needing a campfire for warmth no matter what, as bottles of murky water can be purified later and you can purify cans of murky water without a Cooking Pot.
- The harvesting system in place now (Alpha 13.6) allows you to harvest animals for meat. You need either a Bone Shiv, Machete, or a Hunting Knife to harvest an animal. Axes also work, but not as well.
- Collect seeds while looting as they are very important to establishing a farm.
Mid to Late Game[edit | edit source]
- As you start to establish yourself you can stop worrying about the canned food and save it for when you desperately need food.
- Start a garden near your base or at a spot that's convenient for you and plant seeds on tilled dirt and wait for your plants to grow.
- With your garden going and some animals harvested, you can start focusing on Wellness-increasing foods to increase your Wellness. These foods include, but are not limited to, Goldenrod Tea, Meat Stew, Bacon and Eggs, and Corn Bread.
- When you use water for boiling/cooking, it uses the jar as well so you will need to craft or find jars every now and then.
|Food||Fullness||Hydration||Health||Stamina||Wellness||Smell in Bag||Smell on Belt||Buffs||Stack||Type||Version|
|Bacon and Eggs||+16||0||+1.35||10m||30m||Full 15||50||Boiled||Alpha 16|
|Baked Potato||+4||Full 2||50||Grilled||Alpha 16.2|
|Beer||0||0||Beer Buzz, Drunk, Sick Drunk, Alcohol Poisoning||15||Beverage||Alpha 15.1|
|Blueberries||+1||+1||Full 1||500||Raw||Alpha 16.2|
|Blueberry Pie||+10||+0.8||Full 9||50||Boiled||Alpha 16.2|
|Boiled Egg||+4||+0.32||Full 3||50||Boiled||Alpha 16.2|
|Boiled Meat||+12||+0.675||1m||5m||Full 9||50||Boiled||Alpha 16.2|
|Boiled Water||+20||+20||1||Beverage||Alpha 15.1|
|Bottled Murky Water||+15||+5||-0.1||Dysentery||500||Beverage||Alpha 16.2|
|Bottled Water||+20||+20||15||Beverage||Alpha 15.1|
|Can of Cat Food||+5||-2||50||Canned||Alpha 16.1|
|Can of Chili||+10||-5||50||Canned||Alpha 16.1|
|Can of Dog Food||+5||-2||50||Canned||Alpha 16.1|
|Can of Ham||+7||-5||50||Canned||Alpha 16.1|
|Can of Miso||+5||+10||50||Canned||Alpha 16.1|
|Can of Pasta||+7||50||Canned||Alpha 16.1|
|Can of Pears||+5||+10||50||Canned||Alpha 16.1|
|Can of Peas||+5||50||Canned||Alpha 16.1|
|Can of Salmon||+5||-5||50||Canned||Alpha 16.1|
|Can of Soup||+5||+10||50||Canned||Alpha 16.1|
|Can of Stock||+5||+10||50||Canned||Alpha 16.1|
|Can of Tuna||+5||-2||50||Canned||Alpha 16.1|
|Canned Murky Water||+15||+5||-0.1||15||Beverage||Alpha 15.1|
|Charred Meat||+10||-5||+0.65||Full 9||50||Charred||Alpha 16.1|
|Chicken Ration||+15||-10||50||Canned||Alpha 16.1|
|Corn Bread||+5||+0.4||50||Boiled||Alpha 15.2|
|Corn Meal||+2||-10||500||Raw||Alpha 15.2|
|Corn on the Cob||+3||0||+2||+0.08||1m||5m||50||Boiled||Alpha 16.2|
|Ear of Corn||+1||500||Raw||Alpha 16.2|
|Egg||+3||0||-8||Food Poisoning, Full 1||500||Raw||Alpha 16.2|
|Goldenrod Tea||+20||+40||+0.2||15||Beverage||Alpha 15.1|
|Grain Alcohol||-5||+10||-0.5||Beer Buzz, Drunk, Sick Drunk, Alcohol Poisoning||15||Beverage||Alpha 15.1|
|Grilled Meat||+16||-3||+1.35||Full 14||50||Grilled||Alpha 16.2|
|Hops Flower||500||Raw||Alpha 15.1|
|Jar of Honey||+5||0||+40||+0.4||Full 4||10||Raw||Alpha 16.2|
|Lamb Ration||+15||-10||50||Canned||Alpha 16.1|
|Large Beef Ration||+15||-10||50||Canned||Alpha 16.1|
|Meat Stew||+60||0||0||+6||15m||50m||A Nice Hot Stew, Full 78||50||Boiled||Alpha 16|
|Mega Crush||+8||+0.2||15||Beverage||Alpha 15.1|
|Moldy Bread||+10||0||0||Food Poisoning, Full 3||50||Alpha 16.2|
|Mushrooms||+5||+1||Full 3||500||Raw||Alpha 16.2|
|Old Sham Sandwich||+15||Food Poisoning, Full 4||50||Rotten||Alpha 16.2|
|Potato||+2||Full 1||500||Raw||Alpha 16.2|
|Raw Meat||+10||20m||60m||Food Poisoning, Full 3||50||Raw||Alpha 16.2|
|Red Tea||+20||+40||+0.2||Red Tea Cooling||15||Boiled||Alpha 15.1|
|Rotting Flesh||+10||-5||0||-20||Food Poisoning||100||Alpha 15.2|
|Snowberries||+2||Full 1 second||500||Raw||Alpha 15.2|
|Snowberry Juice||+10||+10|| Cold Resistance
|Vegetable Stew||+21||0||0||+0.5||A Nice Hot Stew, Full 12||50||Boiled||Alpha 16.2|
|Yucca Fruit||+3||+10||Full 2||50||Raw||Alpha 16.2|
|Yucca Juice||+15||+30||+0.1||Yucca Juice Cooling||15||Beverage||Alpha 16.2|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- You are unable to drink any more if your thirst is at the maximum.
- You are unable to eat any more if your hunger is at the maximum (not hungry).
- The wellness you actually get is not only based on the amount given by the type of food, but also other factors like "The_Survivor_(Perk)", and some unknown factors.