Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Dismantling refers to taking apart an item to scrap, replace, and/or discard its constituent parts.
To dismantle an item, highlight it in your inventory and if it can be dismantled, the "assemble" button will be available. By clicking on the "assemble" button, a new pane (pictured below) will appear displaying the item and its constituent parts. From this new pane, a player can drag parts to slots in the inventory or shfit+click items to rapidly move them to the next available slot in inventory (first to open slots in the pack, then the tool belt when all pack slots are full).
Information available from the "assemble" pane includes:
- The item's overall quality level in the upper-right corner, represented by a color bar
- The item's exact, numeric quality level in the upper-left corner (Quality 438 in the picture below)
- The name of each constituent part
- The quality level of each constituent part
- The overall quality level of each constituent part, represented by a color bar