|Item ID||130 - chainsaw|
|Used to place|
|Crafting Skill Group||Science (Skill)|
|Action Skill Group|| Mining Tools (Skill)
|Smell on Belt|
|Smell strength on Belt|
|Smell in Bag|
|Smell strength in Bag|
|Durability (Base Quality)||1000|
|Durability (Max Quality)||6000|
|Heat Map Strength||0.3|
|Heat Map Time||02′ 00″|
|Heat Map Frequency|
|Explosive Radius (Entity)|
|Entity Damage (Base Quality)||21 ^ (Chainsaw Blade)|
|Entity Damage (Max Quality)||35 ^ (Chainsaw Blade)|
|Explosive Radius (Block)|
|Block Damage (Base Quality)||1.5 ^ (Chainsaw Blade)|
|Block Damage (Max Quality)||3 ^ (Chainsaw Blade)|
|Range (Base Quality)|
|Range (Max Quality)|
|Dismemberment Chance (Base)||10 ^ (Chainsaw Blade)|
|Dismemberment Chance (Max)||30 ^ (Chainsaw Blade)|
|Accuracy (Base)||1.00 ^ (Chainsaw Blade)|
|Accuracy (Max)||0.01 ^ (Chainsaw Blade)|
|Butcher Damage Multiplier||20|
|Harvesting Damage Multiplier||1|
|Hoe Damage Multiplier|
|Disassemble Damage Multiplier||
|Effect on Fullness|
|Effect on Hydration|
|Effect on Health|
|Effect on Stamina|
|Effect on Wellness|
|Effect on Gassiness|
|Repaired using||Repair Kit|
|Used to craft|
|Used Gun Parts||
|Used to upgrade|
|Used to cook|
|Provides Electrical Power|
|Requires Electrical Power||
|Used to forge|
|Forge Weight (oz)||160|
|Time to grow|
|Used to grow|
|Confirmed|| Alpha 16.2
Description[edit | edit source]
The Chainsaw is a multipurpose item that can be used as a tool (for rapidly destroying wood blocks/trees) and for short range melee attacks. It's similar to the Auger but more efficient against blocks vulnerable to the Fireaxe.
A Chainsaw will increase the amount of materials that you receive from harvesting, but it will be slow when used against anything but wood. It will give no items (Raw Meat, etc) when used to butcher an animal, but it will destroy the carcass quickly.
Each part of the Chainsaw can supply a different attribute. It is unknown if the value supplied is based on the quality of the component or the overall quality of the Chainsaw. Chainsaw does not really have a durability, each of its component parts have a durability and when any of them fail then the whole Chainsaw fails.
- Accuracy has changed in Alpha 16, it is unsure how this now affects the accuracy of the weapon
Crafting[edit | edit source]
As of A13, you can now craft the Chainsaw. You need:
Required Items[edit | edit source]
Crafting Recipe[edit | edit source]
Repairing[edit | edit source]
Scrapping[edit | edit source]
Due to their rarity and the usefulness of the constituent parts, it is inadvisable to scrap a Chainsaw but it is possible. Doing so provides Scrap Iron.
Heat Map[edit | edit source]
Whenever you use a Chainsaw it affects the Heatmap. If used for long enough or if multiple chainsaws are used simultaneously, it will attract zombies. If the heat level gets high enough, it will attract one or more screamer zombies.
For a better understanding of the heatmap and heat, see Heatmap.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Can be found inside Garage Storage boxes and Decayed Sedans and with the new update inside Working Stiffs Crate once broken open.
- It can also be looted from Lumberjack zombies in rare occasions.
- Use with caution: the Chainsaw makes a lot of noise and may alert zombies of your presence.
- This said, it is possibly the best weapon in the game for killing zombies at close range, bringing down even bloated walkers in less than a second on Nomad difficulty.
- Runs on gasoline tanks as fuel and empties them quite fast. Expect a yield of 6-8 trees per tank.
- The durability is based on the durability of the weakest item, the engine.