Current game stage: 1
Butchering refers to the activity of Harvesting human or animal carcasses while wielding an appropriate Butcher Tool in order to obtain various bonus resources such as Raw Meat, Rotting Flesh, Animal Fat, Large Bones, Leather, Feathers, or Nitrate Powder. Resources are extracted from carcasses as they are damaged and/or destroyed by your Butchering efforts.
Butcher Tools[edit | edit source]
While Harvesting carcasses can be done using any non-Butcher Tool, doing so results in minimal resource extraction for your efforts. Typically, only 1-2 Large Bones will be harvested. Equipping a Butcher Tool will speed up the process of destroying the carcass you are harvesting while providing access to the bonus resources that it contains. Butcher Tools used on fresh carcasses will do 4 times its Entity Damage to the corpse, and the Butcher Tool's animation will change from the usual swing/strike animation to a left-to-right backhanded slashing/cutting animation. Butcher Tools do normal Block Damage to old corpses such as animal remains, human remains, or corpses in body bags.
Table below shows all the Butchering Tools and their statistics.
|Max DPS||Durability||Uses||Range||Speed||Repaired with|
|Bone Knife||5.1||1||4||2.55||120||220||120||220||2||2||1* Large Bone|
|Hunting Knife||6.1||1||4||2000||5000||200||500||2||Repair Kit|
|Iron Fireaxe||15||0.7||4||15||188||641||188||641||2.6||1||Repair Kit|
|Steel Fireaxe||29||0.7||4||22.31||300||1100||300||1100||2.6||1.3||Repair Kit|
|Stone Axe||9||0.7||4||10.47||75||200||75||200||2.4||0.86||Small Stone|
|Stun Baton||10.8||1||0||269||673||269||673||2.4||Repair Kit|
|Taza's Stone Axe||12||0.7||4||13.33||80||250||80||250||2.4||0.9||Small Stone|
Butchering Efficiently[edit | edit source]
- Your The Huntsman will increase the amount of meat and leather resources you extract while Butchering.
- There are a variety of Mods you can install on your butchering tool in order to increase its Entity Damage and Block Damage.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Some tools like Stone Axe or Iron Fireaxe are not strictly Butchering Tools (no animation change during Butchering), but they have the 400% damage multiplier and yield 70% of resources, making them a quick and still efficient tools.
- Stun Baton is not strictly a Butchering Tool (no animation change and no damage multiplier), but it yields 100% of resources from the corpse. Even so, due to the lack of damage multiplier and overall low damage of this weapon, it is very inefficient to be using it as a Butchering Tool.
- Potentially all weapons could be used for obtaining the resources from corpses, although all clubs, hammers and spears have only 25% yield of resources from any type, including Butchering. This makes them potentially not worth it to be used on corpses. Even the Stone Axe gives more.