Overview[edit | edit source]
Block Damage is a type of damage caused by attacks that physically damage a block or object in the environment.
Block Damage Stat[edit | edit source]
All weapons (including unarmed combat using your Fists) have a Block Damage stat that provides the base amount of damage applied when hitting a block. The Block Damage stat of a weapon can be viewed by inspecting the item from the inventory panel or from the toolbelt while on the Character Menu or Crafting Menu screen.
Block Damage Modifiers[edit | edit source]
Many weapons have damage modifiers that are specific to certain material types. The base Block Damage is multiplied by the damage modifier when damaging a block made of that specific material.
Weapons can have damage modifiers for the following block materials:
- Earth - blocks made from soft earth, such as Dirt or Forest Ground.
- Metal - blocks made from metal, such as Iron Blocks or Vault Doors.
- Stone - blocks made from hard stone, such as Flagstone Blocks or Concrete Blocks.
- Wood - blocks made from wood, such as Wood Blocks or Secure Wood Door.
- Cloth - blocks made from cloth, such as a Moldy Backpack.
- Glass - blocks made from glass, such as a Glass Pane.
- Organic - blocks made from organic material, such as Gore or Animal Gore.
- Water - blocks made from water, such as Water.