Food dictates your survival in 7 Days to Die. Without it you die, with too little of it, life can be tedious and slow but with a lot of it, many new options and styles of play are available to the character. (Everything updated to 13.6 stats/recipes)
Early Game[edit | edit source]
- In the early game you will want to mainly use the canned food and bottled water you can find to survive.
- The Empty Cans you get can be scrapped into Scrap Iron.
- Keep your empty jars and fill them up when you find water. Water is crucial to survival early.
- You will find yourself needing a campfire for warmth no matter what, so the bottles of murky water will be able to be purified later and you can even consume some murky water in worst case scenarios.
- The harvesting system in place now (A13.6) allows you to harvest animals for meat. You need either a Bone Shiv, Machete, or a Hunting Knife to harvest an animal. Axes also work, but not as well.
- Collect seeds while looting as they are very important to establishing yourself later on.
Mid to Late Game[edit | edit source]
- As you start to establish yourself you can stop worrying about the canned food and save them for when you desperately need food.
- Start a garden near your base or at a spot that's convenient for you and plant seeds on tilled dirt and wait for your plants to grow.
- With your garden going and some animals harvested you can start focusing on Wellness-increasing foods to increase your power. These foods include Goldenrod Tea, Meat Stew, Bacon and Eggs, and Corn Bread.
|Food||Fullness||Hydration||Health||Stamina||Wellness||Gassiness||Smell in Bag||Smell on Belt||Other Effects||Stack||Type|
|Can of Ham||+7||-5||+2||50||Canned|
|Large Beef Ration||+15||-10||+10||64||Canned|
|Can of Chili||+10||-5||+5||-15||64||Canned|
|Can of Miso||+5||+10||+1||64||Canned|
|Can of Peas||+5||64||Canned|
|Ear of Corn||+1||500||Raw|
|Raw Meat||+10||+2||20m||60m||Food Poisoning||50||Raw|
|Can of Cat Food||+5||-2||+2||10||500||Canned|
|Can of Dog Food||+5||-2||+2||15||64||Canned|
|Can of Pasta||+7||64||Canned|
|Can of Salmon||+5||-5||+2||64||Canned|
|Can of Stock||+5||+10||64||Canned|
|Can of Tuna||+5||-2||+2||64||Canned|
|Jar of Honey||+5||0||+40||+0.4||10||Raw|
|Bottled Murky Water||+15||+5||-0.1||Dysentery||15||Raw|
|Corn on the Cob||+2||+2||+2||+0.08||1m||5m||50||Boiled|
|Bacon and Eggs||+15||+3||+1||64||Grilled|
|Moldy Bread||+10||0||0||Food Poisoning||64|
|Grain Alcohol||-5||+10||-0.5||Beer Buzz||15||Boiled|
|Old Sham Sandwich||+20||Food Poisoning||64||Rotten|
|Canned Murky Water||+15||+5||Dysentery||15||Raw|
|Rotting Flesh||+10||-5||+5||-20||Food Poisoning||50|
|Can of Soup||+5||+10||64||Canned|