Food dictates your survival in 7 Days to Die. Without it you die, with too little of it, life can be tedious and slow but with a lot of it, many new options and styles of play are available to the character. (Everything updated to 13.6 stats/recipes)
Early Game[edit | edit source]
- In the early game, you will want to mainly use the canned food and bottled water (that you can find) to survive.
- The Empty Cans you get can be scrapped into Scrap Iron.
- Keep your empty jars and fill them up when you find water. Water is crucial to survival early.
- You will find yourself needing a campfire for warmth no matter what, so the bottles of murky water will be able to be purified later and you can purify cans of murky water without a Cooking Pot.
- The harvesting system in place now (A13.6) allows you to harvest animals for meat. You need either a Bone Shiv, Machete, or a Hunting Knife to harvest an animal. Axes also work, but not as well.
- Collect seeds while looting as they are very important to establishing yourself later on.
Mid to Late Game[edit | edit source]
- As you start to establish yourself you can stop worrying about the canned food and save them for when you desperately need food.
- Start a garden near your base or at a spot that's convenient for you and plant seeds on tilled dirt and wait for your plants to grow.
- With your garden going and some animals harvested, you can start focusing on Wellness-increasing foods to increase your power. These foods include Goldenrod Tea, Meat Stew, Bacon and Eggs, and Corn Bread.
- When you use water for boiling/cooking it uses the jar as well so you will need to craft or find jars every now and then.
|Food||Fullness||Hydration||Health||Stamina||Wellness||Flatulence||Smell in Bag||Smell on Belt||Other Effects||Stack||Type|
|Bacon and Eggs||+15||0||+1||10m||30m||50||Grilled|
|Bottled Murky Water||+15||+5||-0.1||Dysentery||500||Beverage|
|Can of Cat Food||+5||-2||+2||10||500||Canned|
|Can of Chili||+10||-5||+5||-15||64||Canned|
|Can of Dog Food||+5||-2||+2||15||64||Canned|
|Can of Ham||+7||-5||0||50||Canned|
|Can of Miso||+5||+10||+1||64||Canned|
|Can of Pasta||+7||64||Canned|
|Can of Pears||+5||+10||64||Canned|
|Can of Peas||+5||64||Canned|
|Can of Salmon||+7||-5||0||50||Canned|
|Can of Soup||+5||+10||64||Canned|
|Can of Stock||+5||+10||50||Canned|
|Can of Tuna||+5||-2||0||50||Canned|
|Canned Murky Water||+15||+5||-0.1||Dysentery||15||Beverage|
|Corn on the Cob||+3||0||+2||+0.08||1m||5m||50||Boiled|
|Ear of Corn||+1||500||Raw|
|Grain Alcohol||-5||+10||-0.5||Beer Buzz||15||Beverage|
|Jar of Honey||+5||0||+40||+0.4||10||Raw|
|Large Beef Ration||+15||-10||+10||64||Canned|
|Mega Crush||+8||+0.2||Mega Crush!||15||Beverage|
|Moldy Bread||+10||0||0||Food Poisoning||50|
|Old Sham Sandwich||+15||Food Poisoning||50||Rotten|
|Raw Meat||+10||20m||60m||Food Poisoning||50||Raw|
|Rotting Flesh||+10||-5||0||-20||Food Poisoning||100|
|Snowberry Juice||+10||+10|| Cold Resistance
|Yucca Juice||+15||+30||Cool Drink||15||Beverage|