|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title. If an internal link referred you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.|
Food dictates your survival in 7 Days to Die. Without it you die, with too little of it life can be tedious and slow but with a lot of it, many new options and styles of play are available to the character. (Everything updated to 13.6 stats/recipes)
Early Game[edit | edit source]
- In the early game you will want to use the canned food and bottled water you can find to survive.
- The Empty Cans you get you can scrap into Scrap Iron.
- Keep you empty jars and when you find water spots fill them up. Water is crucial to survival early.
- You will find yourself needing a campfire for warmth no matter what, so the bottles of murky water will be able to be purified later and you can even down some murky water in worst case scenarios.
- The harvesting system in place now (A13.6) make you harvest any animals for meat. You need a Bone Shiv, Machete, or a Hunting Knife to harvest an animal. Axes also work, but not as well.
- Collect seeds while looting as they are very important to establishing yourself later on.
Mid to Late Game[edit | edit source]
- As you start to establish yourself you can stop worrying about the canned food and use them more for worst case scenario days.
- Start a garden near your base or at a spot that's conveinent for you and plant seeds on tilled dirt and wait for your plants to grow.
- With your garden going and some animals harvested you can start focusing on Wellness increasing foods to increase your power. These foods include Goldenrod Tea, Meat Stew, Bacon and Eggs, and Corn Bread.
|Food||Fullness||Hydration||Health||Stamina||Wellness||Gassiness||Smell in Bag||Smell on Belt||Other Effects||Type|
|Can of Ham||+7||-5||+2||Canned|
|Large Beef Ration||+15||-10||+10||Canned|
|Can of Chili||+10||-5||+5||-15||Canned|
|Can of Miso||+5||+10||+1||Canned|
|Can of Peas||+5||Canned|
|Ear of Corn||+1||Raw|
|Raw Meat||+10||+2||20m||60m||Food Poisoning||Raw|
|Can of Cat Food||+5||-2||+2||10||Canned|
|Can of Dog Food||+5||-2||+2||15||Canned|
|Can of Pasta||+7||Canned|
|Can of Salmon||+5||-5||+2||Canned|
|Can of Stock||+5||+10||Canned|
|Can of Tuna||+5||-2||+2||Canned|
|Jar of Honey||+5||0||+40||+0.4||Raw|
|Bottled Murky Water||+15||+5||-0.1||Dysentery||Raw|
|Corn on the Cob||+2||+2||+2||+0.08||1m||5m||Boiled|
|Bacon and Eggs||+15||+3||+1||Grilled|
|Moldy Bread||+10||0||0||Food Poisoning|
|Grain Alcohol||-5||+10||-0.5||Beer Buzz||Boiled|
|Old Sham Sandwich||+20||Food Poisoning||Rotten|
|Canned Murky Water||+15||+5||Dysentery||Raw|
|Rotting Flesh||+10||-5||+5||-20||Food Poisoning|
|Can of Soup||+5||+10||Canned|