Cooking is an activity where you complete various recipes (usually food and drinks) at a Camp Fire. Various ingredients such as meat, vegetables, liquids, and others can be combined and cooked together to complete a wide variety of recipes.
Cooking is primarily centered around creating edible items. It is an excellent alternative to scavenging for canned foods scattered around the map. By hunting animals for meat and filling empty bottles and cans with water (and with the right cookware), you can ensure a steady supply of nutritious food and drink. Some recipes requiring a camp fire will boost your character's Wellness, so cooking your own food has more benefits than simply eating what you find while scavenging.
While cooking is primarily focused on edibles, it also allows you to create a variety of miscellaneous items such as Glue, Antibiotics, and Biofuel.
Elements[edit | edit source]
In order to cook, you will need the following elements:
- A Campfire.
- The Ingredients necessary for a cooking recipe.
- A piece of Cookware. There are three pieces: the Cooking Grill, Cooking Pot, and Beaker.
- Fuel to burn (such as wood, furniture, unwanted wooden tools, etc.)
- Recipes: Boiled Meat, Meat Stew, Vegetable Stew, Blueberry Pie, Corn Bread, Boiled Egg, Corn on the Cob, Goldenrod Tea, Coffee. and Bottled Water,
- Nearly all recipes involving a cooking pot require Bottled Water.