7 Days to Die
“7 Days to Die” is an open world, voxel-based, sandbox game blending the best elements of FPS, Survival Horror, RPG and Tower Defense style games. “7 Days to Die” looks to carve out its own space giving gamers what they really want with a unique combination of combat, crafting, exploration, and character growth. It’s not just Survival Horror anymore its “Survival Horde.”
In the near future where the third world war leaves the Earth in ruins but the worst was yet to come. In the year 2034 nuclear attacks have decimated the Earth and the remaining population is infected by an unknown virus. Nobody knows for sure if it was the radiation, the biochemical weapons or an act of god but an unknown virus soon transforms the surviving humans into an army of the animated dead, acting as a single-minded being.
The infected die within 7 days and soon reanimate becoming blood-thirsty zombies. No one believed it; nobody expected it and nothing can stop it! You play a survivor trapped in the savage zombie infested world of Navezgane County Arizona one of the last true Edens on Earth. Ironically Navezgane means “Killer of Monsters” to the Apache who have inhabited the land for centuries, and that’s pretty much what you’ll do as you fight to survive and search for the truth behind what really happened.
Currently recommended minimum requirements are as follows (though subject to change):
- At least 4GB RAM.
- A 768MB Graphics card or higher with shader support version 4 with DirectX 10
- Intel Dual Core Processor 2.4GhZ or higher / equivalent
- At least 2GB of space
- Windows XP SP3 /Vista SP2 / 7 SP2 / Windows 8 / Linux Version X / Mac Version X
- A broadband line for multiplayer. Note: These do not apply to server hosting Requirements.
Basic Game Controls
- WASD – Movement (W: Forward A: Strafe left S: Strafe right D: Backward)
- SPACE - Jump
- E - Use key / Pick up item
- Shift - Hold to run
- Right Click - Aim down sniper sight and pistol / place block/ item
- Left Click - Shoot / break item/block / select/drop item
- M - Map. Left click and hold and drag to move around. Right click to teleport. (note you need to be in debug mode for this to work)
- C - Crouch (does not show except in 3rd person mode. Has to be held down)
- R - Reload weapon when you have ammo (Must be in your hotkey slot)
- Q - Drops the currently selected object from the Toolbelt, or one out of selected stack
- F5 - Toggles the 1st and 3rd person camera*As of Alpha 7.8 the feature is only available in DebugMode*
- Esc - Brings up the menu. Note: The game does not pause while on this menu. ( From here you can change the time of day, how fast time goes and a few other things if you're in debug mode)
- Tab - Shows the score board and players in game.
- Tilde - Command Console
- The World is your Oyster - Explore a modern, beautiful, fully destroyable, fully buildable, fully dynamic, hand crafted, huge voxel world with wastelands, forests, snowy mountains, pine forests, plains, deserts, burn forests and radiation zones. Explore hundreds of points of interest and every building inside and out!
- Blow it up or Build it up! – Enjoy a fully destroyable voxel-based world blowing up everything in the entire game or build it up bolstering the defenses of an existing structure or building your own fort to try and keep the zombies out.
- Points of Interest - Discover hundreds of great Points of Interests ranging from caves, campsites to cities and skyscrapers. Each and every building can be explored inside and out.
- Day and Night Game Play - Spend the day looting, mining, crafting and building up your forts defenses as light slows down and weakens the zombies. Hold up somewhere safe at night as the lunar cycle speeds up and strengthens the zombies.
- She’s a Brick House! – Our Physics System simulates real-time structural integrity, durability and mass. Blocks don’t float in the air nor can you build an unsound unsupported structure. Build it right or watch it come crumbling down. Weak blocks can even fall from the weight of the player or zombies.
- Relentless and Special Enemies – Enemies will claw, jump, climb and break their way through the world in order to get to you. They can see, smell and hear the player and can work in a group. And watch out for the unique special infected enemies like the Acid Puking Hulk whose acidic vomit can melt blocks.
- Stealth and Distraction System – Crouch and sneak your way past enemies or throw objects to distract them. Find or craft sight, sound or smell deterrents and attractor recipes and items to exploit the sight, hearing or smell of the zombies to throw them off track.
- The MacGyver in you – Loot and mine a multitude of items and ingredients to create hundreds of items including melee weapons, guns, traps, generators, motorized tools, motion detectors, landmines, auto-turrets, salves, potions and more using our 5x5 grid “Crafting System”.
- Two sides to every Story – The story unfolds through our “Dynamic Story Generation System” which guides the player to other survivors, better loot and undiscovered Points of Interests through story note quests.
- Friends and Foes – Play solo, coop or multiplayer in our unique Zombie Nomad Mode be a human, a bandit or a zombie for a no rules experience. Watch the leader boards and fight to be the “Big Clan of the Wasteland” or the “Duke of Navezgane”.
- You know like Bowhunting Skills – Earn XP and upgrade your skills to become the ultimate Bruiser, Gun Nut, Gadget Man, Chemist or Stealth Agent. Upgrade your melee skill learning to craft better melee weapons and swing them harder & faster and even learn special finishing moves.
- Become the True Survivalist – Rummage and mine your way through the world finding food, water, loot and the resources you’ll need to survive and discover a purpose for everything in the world.
- Item Quality and Food & Water Purity – Every item in the game has a quality level and degrades with use and combine items to create better items. All Food and water items have a purity level the higher the purity level. The higher the health and stamina benefits. Improve crafting to make better items. Improve cooking to make purer food and water.
- Build it and they will come – Build your own worlds and play them with your friends using the “Creative Mode Tools” featuring hundreds of block shapes and prefabs and random generation tools. Create dedicated servers with your own unique game rules and settings.