Need help, want something changed or want to debate about something? In the community portal you will find exactly what you need!
Add this page
to your watchlist
and stay on top of things!
Other perennially useful pages[edit source]
Army Pants has been created as a unique page but after looking up the stats in items.xml it's clear that they are simply another color or version of Denim Pants. Is a unique page needed for Army Pants or is it better to document them as a version of Denim Pants?
Post comments on on Army Pants talk page
I noticed that various Category:List-Pages, such as Beverages, Building, Clothing, Door and other pages are having troubles with the DPL tables. I suspect this is a result of the extensive overhaul of the infobox items, which took place recently. I have no idea how to fix this, so maybe someone with more wiki knowledge can take a look at this? JonPardon (talk) 12:59, 29 May 2016 (UTC)
- You are correct. The DPLs usually search based on category and Template:Infobox_item is usually responsible for categorizing items. I'll take a look. Thanks for the heads-up!
- update 00:37, 31 May 2016 (UTC): The DPL tables are slowly being populated now. However there are a few things that eventually need to be addressed:
- Do we need both of these wiki categories: Category:Building and Category:Building Material? Is there anything that would be in one category and not the other?
- Similarly with Category:Gear and Category:Clothing. I'm personally not a big fan of the term "gear" for clothing as "gear" includes tools as well.
- For some reason, the vault doors aren't getting auto-categorized by the "type" parameter in the infobox, despite having the type assigned for some time now.
- The clothing list should probably be made a dedicated page: List of clothing. The list is long. I might get that accomplished later...
- GrayBeard_Actual (talk)
- These categories are almost the same and one of them would be sufficient. It would make sense to keep the category building as this is one of the item groups as they appear in the game. There are a few item, such as Sandbags that belong to the item group 'Miscellaneous' and are therefore not in the category building. I don't know if this is considered a problem.
- Clothing sounds better and two categories isn't necessary
- No idea how to fix that
- Good idea!
- JonPardon (talk) 19:01, 9 June 2016 (UTC)
- I believe that all these list pages work now. Although I am not sure what the Building page is supposed to be, I am tempted to make the Building Materials page the same page. Another though that I have is why do we have a Category:Weapons and a Weapons (List of weapons) pages (and other similar page groups), shouldn't they be the same page, as far as I know there is no reason they could not be, unless it was to keep the list of pages on the Category pages separate and at the top. As atrial I have transcluded the Building page to the Category:Building Material page.
- I agree that gear serves no real purpose, but things like goggles may not be considered to be clothes.
- I have created a List of clothing page, I have added a scroll feature that I am not sure that I like. I would like the headings to stay at the top, but am not sure how to do that in a wiki. Would be better if the scroll was a part of the table, rather than a div around the table.
- — Tilleen (talk) 11:02, 18 February 2017 (UTC)
I've receive the new icons and will start uploading them. Also note that in future versions, it will be much easier for anyone to obtain the icons:
From Alpha 15 onward, you should be able to dump all game icons to disk by starting a local game and using the command 'exportitemicons' in the console.
This will place them in a folder in the root game directory in PNG format.
As I upload icons, I have been assigning them to the Category:Alpha 15 icons
Below are a few of the icons for pages that will likely be important/popular:
Articles in non-English languages[edit source]
There are a few articles that are in non-English that have been marked for deletion. Our standard practice for article deletion includes using the talk/discussion page of the article to defend keeping the article.
If any of the following pages should be kept, please leave a comment as to why on the article's individual talk/discussion page.